Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by my mini blog for my web comic titled "Sock Drawer"!
Please look forward to regular updates regarding the creative process of Sock Drawer as well as, ideally, weekly comic updates!

~Shannon


Saturday, April 16, 2011

Experimenting

While creating Andrea and Jacob Collins I did a few mini comics/drawings of them and how they would interact.
This helped me figure out physical things like their sibbling similarities, scale and what kind of facial features I can make them do.
It also helped me figure out what kind of people they are and what kind of relationship they have.


My first mini comic with Jacob and Andrea. I really wanted to test their relationship. I thought "What is one of the worst things a sister could make a brother do?" and this is what came out of it. Jacob is such a good little brother!




This little illustration is an unlikely scenario. Andrea is too strong of a personality to actually let this happen and likely not physically strong enough. I wanted to test comical facial features. Taken from my cell phone camera- please excuse the crappy quality.
Jacob: "MUSH MUSH! ONWARD SLAVE"
Andrea (thinking): "How did this happen?"




Again crappy cell phone quality, I believe part of the image was cropped when I took the picture. Oops.
Its a day at the beach for Andrea and Jacob and Andrea has attracted some attention. on the far right side of the picture (the part that got cut off) there was a group of adoring men.
Again, I wanted to test the relationship between the twins- Jacob, although quiet, timid and peaceful is still very protective.




A made up scenario of when Nathalie meets Jacob. It's not actually going to happen like this, but I wanted to show the potential love-at-first-site the two may experience. This is an early, smaller more conservative version of Nathalie.
Andrea: "Oh Jake! I'd like you to meet my friend Nathalie!"
Nathalie: "Hey..."
Jacob: "H-hi..."

No comments:

Post a Comment